Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review: Dark Wolf Running (Bloodrunners #5) by Rhyannon Byrd

I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.


In Rhyannon Byrd's latest Bloodrunners romance, passion and secrets collide and only their love will save two werewolves and their pack.

With his sharp gaze locked on the most magnificent female he'd ever seen, Wyatt Pallaton did his best to hold himself back. Of course, Elise Drake was hardly just any female. Fiery and cool, strong, yet at the same time achingly vulnerable, she'd turned his entire world on its head.

No matter how bloody difficult it proved to be, he was done letting her pretend he didn't even exist. Done with letting her fight her own battles. Done driving himself slowly into this maddening state of frustrated desire. One way or another, things were about to change.

Come hell or high water, she was done running…


BUY THE BOOKAmazon

My Thoughts

Overall Rating


Novel Breakdown

Characters: 4
I liked Elise and Wyatt as the main couple in this story. Each had vulnerabilities that affected their relationships with each other and their brethren. Yet, their weaknesses helped them grow as people and that made the story enjoyable.

Plot: 3
I was confused in some parts by the plot. I think this has to do with this book being number five in the series. I have not read the previous books and I feel, that if I had, some of the sections where I was lost in the plot would have been clearer.

Flow: 3
This relates in part to the plot. Anything that throws me out of the flow of reading annoys me. Again, this is partially my fault because I read this book out of order.

Believability: 4
The situations and the characters, as well as the world building, were very believable to me. I had no trouble picturing the various events in the story.

Sexual Tension: 5
The foreplay and the sex scenes were so hot, I had to walk away to cool down, come back and keep reading.

Romance: 3
Part of the reason for the score is despite the fact that the sexual tension and sex were amazing, the romance between the two was awkward in places. I am not sure if it was Wyatt's behavior or Elise's that gave off that vibe but it was there for me.

Elements
  • Mention of rape
  • Steamy sex scenes
  • Shifters

No comments:

Post a Comment