Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Review: The Professional by Kresley Cole

I received no compensation from the author or publisher for this honest review.




Meet the Professional.
Mafiya enforcer Aleksandr "The Siberian" Sevastyan's loyalty to his boss is unwavering, until he meets the boss's long-lost daughter, a curvy, tantalizing redhead who haunts his mind and heats his blood like no other. Ordered to protect her, Aleksandr will do anything to possess her as well--on his own wicked terms.

He makes the rules.
Grad student Natalie Porter has barely recovered from her first encounter with the dark and breathtaking Siberian when he whisks her away to Russia, thrusting her into a world of extreme wealth and wanton pleasures. Every day under his protection she falls deeper under his masterful spell.

In the game of obsession, two players are better than one.
Yet all is not as it seems. To remove Natalie from an enemy's reach, Aleksandr spirits her into hiding. From an opulent palace in Russia to the decadent playgrounds of the mega-rich in Paris, the two lovers tempt each other's boundaries to discover whether their darkest--and most forbidden--fantasies really can come true....



BUY THE BOOK: Amazon  |  ARE 

My Thoughts

Overall Rating


Novel Breakdown

Story Component Rating
Characters 4.5
Plot 4.5
Flow 4.5
Believability 4.5
Sexual Tension 5
Romance 4

Elements

  • M/F
  • Mafia
  • BDSM
  • Anal Sex
  • Violence
  • Spanking 

Let me start this review by saying that I have read some of Kresley Cole's paranormal novels before. This is, however, my first time reading her contemporary stories. I was pleased with the experience and will be on the lookout for more in the series.

Now, on to my review.

All the characters (main and secondary) were well-written and helped maintain the flow and plot of the story. There were never any throw away characters that left you wondering why they were even there to begin with.

Aleksandr and Natalie were an interesting couple to read about. Natalie grew up in a wholesome, all-American kind of girl whereas Aleksandr has a dark past and a current, deadly occupation.

You would not think that the two would get along but both persons have hidden depths that constantly surprised me as I read their engrossing story.

At first, I thought that it would be your run of the mill mafia story but Ms. Cole proved me wrong in a hurry. I was glad to be wrong as this story's very believable plot and seamless flow kept me glued to my seat as I read about Aleksandr's and Natalie's journey as individuals and as a couple.

The sexual tension from the start was explosive and continued to build, explode and build again as their relationship grew and progressed. There were romantic moments which were a nice break especially after some heavy emotional moments for the two characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment